Sunday, December 20, 2020

 

A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls. Proverbs 25:28

 

I have to admit, I got caught up in my emotions during last night’s SEC Championship college football game with Alabama defeating Florida. My wife is a devout Alabama fan, myself an Auburn fan. Alabama has a great football team, but for me, I don’t care to see Alabama keep winning. Every time I see them score, I get worked up to say the least.

 

As I pondered the game and my emotional state last night, I thought to myself, its simply a football game. Why do we get so worked up over something we have no control over and truly doesn’t even impact our life? Good question and sometimes hard to answer.

 

Today’s verse provides some sound advice on preserving our faith, “a man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.” Truth is, when we get all twisted up in our emotions, we let down our guard and sometimes evil and dark thoughts creep in and poison our attitude. As a result, actions and bitter words come out, potentially damaging our witness.

 

Lesson learned for the day, keep those emotions in check. Without guarding your emotions, you’ll end up sounding and acting like someone on the opponent’s team (Satan) and we don’t need for him to score one over on God’s winning team! Keep your emotions in check friend! God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment