Saturday, December 12, 2020

 

Jesus answered him, “What I’m doing you don’t understand now, but afterward you will know.” John 13:7

 

There was a time in my life when everything seemed to be spiraling out of control. I prayed and prayed for God to intervene and stop the madness, but things continued to crumble and fall apart. I recall standing alone in my house, feeling helpless and without direction. The weeks and months that followed were an emotional roller coaster and I struggled to keep it together. The whole time I kept asking God what He was doing.  

 

Looking back now, I can see the hand of God specifically working to create a new me and a future that couldn’t have been planned any better by myself. Yea, I struggled and went through some periods of severe heart break and momentary depression, but it was for my good to strengthen me and help me become the person I am today. And I can honestly say I am blessed beyond measure.

 

He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Isaiah 40:29. While God was doing a mighty work in my life, He certainly sustained me, to help keep me going, day by day. All I could do was wait on the Lord to see where the next chapter would take me.

 

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31. Maybe you are going through a difficulty that has you feeling helpless and totally out of control. I can tell you this, when you are out of control, God is in control and He is working something better for you. Until He delivers the finished product, wait on Him, trust that He is working on your behalf and know that God has His best planned for your life. Trust Him while you wait on the Lord! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment