Sunday, December 13, 2020

 

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8

 

This morning I woke up with a portion of this verse on my mind “love will cover a multitude of sins”. I’m fully aware of the scripture and every time it has new meaning. This morning I recalled moments in my life when I haven’t been the best husband, the best father, the best co-worker and friend. Although, at times, I have failed to live up to certain standards, my heart has always been full of love for the people within my circle of influence.

 

Mind you, love doesn’t correct my wrongs in life, but love is the glue that binds me to those whom I share life with, either in the homeplace, at work, in my community and church. To me, love is the primary purpose of my existence as a child of God. Jesus Himself said the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God and love your neighbor. (Matthew 22:36-40)

 

When I’m dead and gone, my prayer is that those whom I’ve shared this life with will remember how much I loved them.

 

How about you? Is your life seasoned with love? Sometimes the hardest thing we can do is love other people, especially our enemies. Yet God commands us to love those who persecute us. I encourage you to click this link on LOVE and read the scriptures about love in the bible.  If you are a child of God, love should be the foundation for your existence, as a light into this dark world. Let love be the memory of you when you depart from this world. Love covers a multitude of sins! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment