Friday, September 7, 2018


Let us search out and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord. Lamentations 3:40



When I take a trip on my motorcycle, I plan in advance of where I’m going. I look on google maps for landmarks where I need to make turns and find neat attractions along the journey. When on the road, I often stop and refer to my map and notes to ensure I’m on the proper route. One time I kept going without checking the map and boy did I find myself in a long and unexpected journey to get back where I needed to be.



For the child of God, checking His roadmap is just as important. So often you think you are doing life right and things go well. Pretty soon your confidence level grows in your own abilities and you stop listening for God’s voice of direction. Before too long you find yourself in unfamiliar territory, realizing you are way off course and ask for God’s help to steer you back on track. Getting back to His will can sometimes take a while and be painfully exhausting. Trust me, I’ve been there.



My best advice I can give you, NEVER develop too much confidence in your own abilities that your voice overshadows the Lords. He has a specific plan for your life and which road to travel. If you don’t check in with Him often, you are prone to take a wrong turn and pursue something outside His will. Stay in constant contact with Him so you’ll never have to circle the wagons and backtrack! Whose got time for missed turns anyhow? Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment