Sunday, September 2, 2018


No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13



As Christians, we are faced with a daily test, the test of our faith and strength to avoid falling prey to Satan’s temptations. Something I was reminded of in my morning devotion time is God only permits us exposure to temptations that are within our limits, so we can choose to turn away and remain obedient to Him. God does not allow any temptation to overwhelm you to the point you can’t resist. Re-read today’s verse.



How we overcome temptation is to keep our focus on God and draw upon His strength to help us turn our backs on those tempting moments. If you are like me, the battle to stay true to God challenges the strength of my faith at times, thus, I have to seek after God. And every time I do, He comes through and helps me avoid disaster. Don’t get me wrong, there are many times I fail, but God is gracious and merciful and forgives in my moments of weaknesses. Those are times of lessons learned and help me when the next test of my faith comes into play.



Have you passed the test? Trust in God to provide the strength and focus to navigate around those moments of temptation so you can continue to receive God’s blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment