Friday, January 6, 2023

 I acknowledged by sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32:5

 

If you’ve read about King David in the bible, you know he dealt with lust, adultery and even murder, yet God said David found favor with God. David’s behaviors were not what was favored, but His willingness to confess his sins, repent and follow in obedience. Just like you, David struggled with the flesh and things were not much different then as they are now.

 

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

 

The fleshly side of each Christian is bent towards sin and sometimes it yields to it. But God is faithful to forgive when you confess your wrongdoing. Maybe you’ve done some pretty bad things and feel God doesn’t have enough grace to forgive. Those thoughts come from lies of Satan and should not be entertained any longer. God gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to forgive All sins which created the way for a personal relationship with Him. Whatever is in your past, ask God to forgive and find assurance that you are cleansed forever more! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment