Tuesday, January 17, 2023

 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. Colossians 3:12-13

 Yesterday I talked about the dangers of self-isolation. Today, I want to discuss the tools needed to live alongside others. No doubt, it can be a challenge at times living amongst others, either in the same household, at work, church or the neighbor across the street. Today’s passage speaks about the tools needed to make that happen.

 Why do I call them tools? Stop and re-read the verses above. Can you say you have mastered them? I can pick out a few that I struggle to live by. Tools are something we use to fix things. We don’t naturally know how to use them, thus it takes time, sometimes years to incorporate them into our lives, but with God’s help, we can do it. Years ago I had to learn how to apply “longsuffering” into my relational tool box. God had to break some things in my life to help me fix my attitude and grow into a heart of servanthood. For me, it’s the tool I use on a frequent basis these days when needed.

 Which of the tools above do you need to become more familiar with in your quest to live alongside others? Ask God to help you learn His ways and He will accomplish it with your willingness to be obedient and learn through brokenness. A tool will rust unless it’s used. Let God use them to help you live amongst others, so your light can shine God’s grace, mercy and love to those within the realm of your influence!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment