Sunday, January 15, 2023

 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me. John 14:6

 

One of the golden rules of hiking is to stay on the trail and not create a new path. Evidence of rule breakers is erosion of soil off the main path, destruction of vegetation and disturbance of wildlife living within proximity of the path. Each year many hikers who deviate, often find themselves lost or get injured on terrain not safe for hiking.

 

Today’s passage is a great reminder for those exploring life who want to find their way to Heaven. Jesus said there is only ONE way to Heaven and that is through Him. Good works and honest intentions get people in trouble, thinking their actions will earn them a one way ticket into Heaven (Ephesians 2:8-9). Sadly, they will find out on the day of Judgement that God never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).

 

Friend, if your ultimate goal is Heaven, stay on the path God chose for you, the journey to eternal life carved out by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He gave His life so you could receive yours. Pray something like this from your heart:

 

Dear God, I believe in Jesus Christ; that He gave His life as a living sacrifice for my sins. I confess my sins to you right now and ask Jesus to come into my heart and save my soul. Help me Lord to stay on the path of righteousness, every day, as I take each step of this life into eternity. Thank you for saving me!

 

Safe passage child of God!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment