Saturday, September 2, 2023

 Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,

[24]knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.


For years verse 23 was on display in my office. Every time I struggled in my job either dealing with employee issues, work challenges, and sometimes pure exhaustion, I would look at this verse and remind myself that I'm working for the Lord. Yes, my bosses were men, but the reality is God permittedthem to be there.


So often we discredit the people and circumstances in our work place and at home, yet God is the author of our life as His children. Those things and people might make life challenging, but the yield of our labor is closeness with Jesus Christ. That is exactly where He wants you and me to be. 


There is no joke about the term "labor of love". It's hard sometimes to appreciate what God gives us, but with the struggles, come blessings when you do it all for Him. Give God the glory in every area of your life and see the struggles have purpose as you live out your days serving the ultimate boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment