Friday, August 12, 2022

 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. Ephesians 5:11

 

Yesterday, I had to get the ole heart checked out. As I sat in the cardiology department, I recalled what a heart doctor once told his patient: “if it taste good, spit it out”. As you might guess, he was referring to the sweet taste of things that are unhealthy. As I sat there and looked around at all the very sick people, I came to the conclusion, unless I want to be in poor health, I need to change my eating habits. Which leads me to today’s thoughts in this blog.

 

As a child of God, it’s important to be careful what things bring you pleasure in this life. The world and its ways can provide a lot of tempting things that are harmful to your spiritual health. A good way to look at it, if God is not in it, then it’s not good for you. Everything in your life should be “God approved”. If you can’t find peace with God about something you are indulging in, then turn from it quickly and don’t go back.

 

You only have one shot at pleasing God in this life. Your spiritual health truly matters, and the eternal rewards you’ll receive will far outweigh the temporary pleasure you find delighting in this life.

 

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light. Ephesians 5:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment