Sunday, August 7, 2022

 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

 

This morning I did a quick check of Facebook to see what notifications I had in que. To my surprise, several people had commented to a comment I had made on someone’s post about permitting teachers to carry guns in schools. To my amazement and humor, one person accused me of being a Democrat by the comment I had made.  That could not be any further from the truth, and at first, I took offense to their comment, but soon laughed it off and thought…they really don’t know me on a personal level.

 

As with most everything that happens in my life, I look to God for a reason and a message in each event. Shortly after the laughter set in, today’s passage came to mind. From a human and fleshly perspective, our minds don’t naturally think like God. His environment is pure holiness, a world without evil, temptation and sin. Is there is no humanly way possible for us to grasp the mind of God?

 

Of do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19

 

Thankfully, God has provided each of His children His Holy Spirit. He resides in every believer. Yes, His holiness resides in your flesh! As crazy as that sounds, it’s true, and it’s the only way you can truly connect to Him. For me personally, I have had to rely on His Spirit to guide me through life, providing me Godly wisdom and shedding a glimpse into His thoughts. The choice was mine weather to follow in obedience or turn down His advice.

 

If you are a child of God, you too have this awesome resource available! You can have an insight into God’s ways, His thoughts and a path forward as you seek out His will and purpose for your life. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment