Monday, August 29, 2022

 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

 

I recently had the opportunity to witness to people during a church function. One question I asked, if you died today, do you know you would go to Heaven. Many responded with, “I hope so” or “Yes, because I always try to do my best to live right and treat others well”. All of these things are good, and probably have good intentions behind them, but the truth is you can’t do enough good to gain access to Heaven.

 

Today’s scripture clearly states that it’s not by works that saves you, it’s faith in Jesus Christ, belief that He made payment for your sins, and He rose back to life 3 days later, victorious over death. Isn’t it wonderful that our God, who loves us unconditionally, gave of Himself on our behalf. He took the burden of acceptance and cleaned us up with His sacrificial blood.

 

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

 

Jesus knows that life is full of heavy burdens, and the last thing He wants to do is to weigh you down trying to earn His love. Come to Him with life’s burdens and He will give you rest for your weary soul. He’s done the hard part, now embrace the grace He freely gives you to live each day under His loving care. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment