Sunday, September 18, 2022

 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

 

Every year my mother would send me a card on special days though out the year, such as Father’s Day, my birthday, and the day I was adopted into my family. She did this out of love and not obligation or ritual. Love was her motivation and each card was a reminder of her deep love for me.

 

We all have certain rituals and traditions that we closely follow. One happens every Sunday for most people, church attendance. The deeper question to ask yourself is why? Do you do attend church out of obligation or because of your love for the Lord? Today’s passage sheds some light on the subject and should be used to cross check your true intentions.

 

Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37

 

God wants your love, and your loyalty to Him. He wants to be first place in your life, not out of obligation, but because you love Him and desire His love! This bond between you and God isn’t something to be taken lightly; He saved you by grace through the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. Your security in eternal Heaven is linked by God’s love. Check your heart and make sure it’s motivated by love and not obligation. God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment