Saturday, December 31, 2022

 And you shall do what is right and good in the sight of the Lord, that it may be well with you, and that you may go in and possess the good land of which the Lord swore to your fathers. Deuteronomy 6:18

 

I can honestly say I have been truly blessed by God. He provided me a positive environment in which to grow up, learn about God’s faithfulness and He led me into a career of 30 plus years that now yields a new chapter of life in my retirement.

 

And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in  your heart, whether you would keep His commandments. Deut. 8:2

 

I’d like to compare my combined years of college and career with the Israelites (God’s chosen people) release from Egyptian slavery and into the promised land. Prior to God’s blessing though, they had to endure 40 years in the wilderness. God used that time to test them to see if they would humble themselves and follow in obedience. I know through this period of my life; God certainly used this time to test my faithfulness and obedience to Him. Yes, there were times of setbacks and failures, but God always provided grace and mercy to receive me back. Each time was a learning lesson and my faith grew with every experience.

 

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised if faithful. Hebrews 10:23

 

As we are about to enter this new year, let’s start afresh by remaining faithful to the Lord in all things, do what is right and good in the sight of the Lord, so we may go and possess the good land of God’s blessings He has promised to those who love Him. Happy New Year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment