Friday, December 16, 2022

 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11

 

If you have a job, you know there are policies and procedures in place to help you do your job the proper way. As you become familiar with them, your mind recalls what to do as you work through the day, making your job less confusing and more efficient.

 

Today’s verse gives great advice for navigating the daily life of a Christian. The word of God provides sound wisdom and direction to keep you safe from the pitfalls of this world. You are chosen by God to be set apart from the world and be a light for those who wander in the darkness (1 Peter 2:9). The only way you will have the wisdom to be set apart is to study and memorize scripture. By doing so, the Holy Spirit recalls verses you’ve read to help you when right decisions need to be made.

 

I share an example. My grandmother Nedra was laying in bed one night watching my grandfather breath as he slept. You see, he had congestive heart failure and his time was short on earth and grandmother knew it. She wanted to spend every minute with him. As she lay there worried, the Holy Spirit whispered in her heart, “Be still and know that I am God”. These sweet words, which are found in Psalm 46:10, comforted her that night, where she was able to fall back asleep knowing God had everything under His control.

 

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

 

Living as a child of God, in this fallen world, can be challenging if left on your own to figure things out. Read and study God’s word, fill your heart with His wisdom, so the light of His words will guide you daily. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment