Wednesday, November 22, 2023

 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. Romans 13:14

 Years ago, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. From the moment of my diagnosis the doctor put me on some medicine to help control my blood sugar. Thinking it would work, I didn’t change my eating habits and continued to eat donuts and other sweet foods that I enjoyed. Over time, my diabetes has gotten worse and now I’m having to take insulin daily. The medicine is the solution, but it won’t work unless I get serious about doing better. To this day I still struggle at times, but slowly trying to change my diet for the better.

 Today’s verse gives every Christian the perfect solution for abstaining from sin, make no provision for it. Just like my lifestyle change with diabetes, to overcome sin’s temptations, you have to stop going places, doing things, and looking at things that stimulate a desire for your specific sins. We all have our weaknesses, and admitting your sin problem and desiring to make lifestyle changes is a must if you are going to overcome them.

 No temptation has overtaken you except such as common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with temptation will also make a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

 God has taken care of the sin problem through His Son’s death on the cross, providing a spiritual connection with Him through His Holy Spirit. That gift of His Spirit will guide you daily, warning you when on the pathway to sin and provide a way out. It’s up to you to chose that exit door.

 

Satan uses sin to make you feel less worthy of God’s love and forgiveness. Choose to make a lifestyle change by putting on Jesus Christ daily and shielding yourself from the things, people and places that entice you. You can do it with God’s help, and He will richly bless your obedience! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment