Thursday, August 16, 2018


Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way. Proverbs 19:2

 

Its obvious on a gear shifter of a vehicle, “D” stands for drive. When in D, you move forward, with foot on gas pedal and hands on wheel you can steer in the direction you want to go. Thankfully there is an “R”, which stands for reverse. This allows you to back up when you’ve made a wrong turn. I’m sure you are following me this morning with my thought process.

 

God laid on my heart this morning that our “desires” drive us. What we desire is usually what we pursue after. It’s where our heart and eyes steer us. Question today, where are you headed? Are you going down the right road? So often we let our desires and emotions determine the road we want to take. That’s fine as long as you have the right knowledge of where you SHOULD be going. The best advice I can give you (and Lord knows I’m speaking to myself), pursue after God’s plan for your life and your desires will be aligned with His perfect route.

 

 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4  When we continually look to God for direction and follow His will closely, we align ourselves with a good and safe route. And I can speak from experience, there are blessings along the way that refresh and strengthen us when the journey is long and we are tired. His way is always best! Your desires drive you, make sure they are approved by God and you’ll never head down the wrong road. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment