Wednesday, August 8, 2018


The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17



Yesterday while coming home I ran into one of the worst rain storms ever encountered. It was near “white-out” conditions all 17 miles. The rain looked like it was falling from buckets, the wind was swaying trees back and forth and my fear was one would land on my vehicle. The entire time I was keeping a watchful eye out for other drivers (being unsafe) and praying for God’s protection to get me home safely. Thankfully God heard my prayers in the middle of that storm and kept me safe. All I wanted to do was get home.



As Christians, there is no doubt you are either headed for a storm, going through one or just getting out of one. Life storms are no fun at all. They can stir emotions of anger, fear, judgement, and embarrassment. Knowing we will always come across these storms, it’s a good reminder to call out to God when they hit, asking for His hand of protection and wisdom to guide you safely through the difficulty. And it seems like “when it rains, it pours.” When one storm cloud develops, others follow and the burden of the life storm can seem overwhelming. Yet, just remember God is bigger than any storm you encounter and His plan is to grow you through the process to make you stronger in your faith and walk with Him.



The next time you encounter a life storm, call upon God for help! Trust me, He will hear your cries for help and steer you safely through it. I don’t know about you but I can wait to get to my Heavenly home, but until that day comes, I will trust in God to deliver me through every storm. I hope you will  trust in Him to keep you safe as well. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment