Friday, April 5, 2019


Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10



In the later years of my grandfather’s life, my grandmother would stay awake at night and watch him sleep, concerned that he might stop breathing. Doctors diagnosed him with congestive heart failure in his early 60s and because of this, he could die at any moment. The bond between my grandparents was amazing and her love and adoration for him still moves my heart when I think about it today.



One night as she was watching over him and worrying herself sick, God spoke these simple words into her mind…”Be still and know that I am God.” After a brief talk with her pastor and he referenced this verse in the bible, she knew God had this situation under control and that He was with her and would help her when the time came for his passing. From that point on her heart was calmer after she put her burden upon God.



Maybe you are fretting over something that is out of your control. This thing, job or person is your life, yet for some reason there is trouble in the house and you don’t know what to do. Put your worries in the hands of God. No matter the outcome, He will help you through the difficult days of healing and gaining back your joy. Trust me, I know this all too well. God has NEVER let me down and He will do the same for you. Trust Him today! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment