Friday, February 1, 2019


He who guards his mouth preserves his life, But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction. Proverbs 13:3



If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years of my life is its good to keep my mouth shut during storms of life. Those storms have been during an argument with someone, facing a medical issue or fearing something or someone. The truth is turbulent times do not generate good thoughts or words, thus its best to just remain silent.



So, what do you do in place of speaking? Pray. Prayer is like a blanket, it smothers out the flames of adversity, it comforts the needy and provides protection against the elements of the storm. When I’ve been in the heat of battle and remain silent, I have clearly heard the voice of God, speaking to me, with encouragement and wisdom. Those turbulent times are a good reminder that I need the Lord and can’t hear His wise words when I do all the talking.



Maybe you are facing some troubling times or in a battle with someone whose attacking you on a personal level. Pray! Give it over to God and listen to His voice of reason and guidance as He provides wisdom. Your words will cause more damage if you let your mouth run freely. Let God do the talking during your life storms and find protection, wisdom and encouragement in the sound of silence! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment