Saturday, February 23, 2019


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10



As a child, I had a healthy respectful fear of my dad. He was a big man, in comparison to me. When he spoke, I listened. After a few times of being disciplined, I knew very well who was in charge and that if I wanted to have a painless life, I needed to heed and follow his instructions.  As I grew into my teenage years, I began to develop this appreciation for my dad in knowing that his rules and expectations were for my own good, so I could succeed in life. Still today his words of wisdom resonates in my mind.



As Christians, we have a loving Father in Heaven who cares deeply for us. He knows the things that will throw us off course and provides wisdom for a less painful life, if we simply heed His instructions. How do we get there? Just like me as a kid, I figured out who was in charge of my life. To your surprise, its not you! As a child of God, you were bought with a price and the moment you surrendered your life to Him, He assured you a place in Heaven and His commitment to be with you for all eternity. God often allows moments of trials and tribulations to come our way as a form of discipline to correct our behavior and bring us back on the single, narrow pathway He provides.



Have you figured out who’s in charge of your life? If you seem to encounter a lot of problems and heartache, maybe you need to rethink who is directing your life. Gain that healthy respectful fear of God and follow His instructions closely. When you do, your find favor with God and His hand protects you. Fear Him, for He loves you unconditionally! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment