Saturday, November 25, 2017


He calms the storm, so that its waves are still. Psalm 107:29

 

If you are like me, a visit to the ocean does something special for the soul. The vastness of water, the continual waves coming ashore and that smell of the ocean. It’s an amazing sight to see God’s creation. One thing I’ve noticed, when the waves are coming in strong…it’s hard to hear much of anything. The wind, which drives the waves, and the crashing waves against the sand can be quite noisy. It disrupts the peacefulness of the ocean experience.

 

Our life encounters various storms. Whew, Lord knows they can be loud and pound on the soul, removing any form of peace.  But God! He can calm those storms to a whisper. When you call upon Him for help, He responds in the “right way” for your specific need. He uses the storms of life to teach you lessons. Every low pressure system that is forecasted for you has a purpose..it’s up to you to trust in God to help see you through the experience. As His hand gently holds back the storms violence, you begin to hear His voice calling out to you, providing the way forward. 

 

Trust Him with every storm. When you do, you can hear Him more clearly and see your way through the dark clouds of adversity to clearer skies. Reminds me of the song….I Can See Clearly Now. Check out the lyrics….trust God and know, He will see your way through and calm the raging waves.

 

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind. It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day. I think I can make it now, the pain is gone. All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been prayin' for, It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

 

Look ahead today for that bright, bright Sun-Shiny day! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment