Sunday, July 17, 2022

 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Philippians 4:10

 

You’ve seen it in others and probably experienced it yourself, when someone you love and trust lets you down. Those people you consider close acquaintances, even friends, momentarily appear to shun you, and miss opportunities to help you in your time of need. It hurts and no doubt makes you question their loyalty.

 

Over the years I have learned that there are two people I can totally depend upon: myself and God. I am responsible to meet my needs, but there are times when I truly need help, I need God. And He is right there with me, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. He knows me on an intimate level and desires to meet my necessary needs for life. I remember a time when I was single, all alone and never once felt lonely; I knew God was sheltering me from some painful moments in my past and healing my heart.

 

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. Philippians 4:11

 

The apostle Paul’s mission saw moments of great help from fellow believers and times of complete abandonment from those he thought were loyal to the cause. Yet, he learned an important lesson, to not totally depend on others, but to look to God for the help which He provided.

 

Maybe you don’t feel adequate doing time alone, without the company of others. You have a relationship with God, but it still isn’t enough. Friend, it’s time to take your relationship with God a little deeper. God has provided you His Holy Spirit and He knows your heart and prays on your behalf (Romans 8:26), He knows your every need, want, and meters out His blessings according to your openness to receive them. If you are distracted by the disappointment of others, your attention is drawn in the opposite direction. Stop looking to the temporary source of help and seek after the eternal blessing and presence of God.  “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment