Saturday, July 16, 2022

 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Psalm 63:6

 

Ever wake up in the middle of the night with something on your mind? Whatever it is, that is most likely the concern that is a priority for the coming day. Either it was placed there by your own worries or God put it there as a reminder that it needs attention. So, what do you do with your thoughts in the middle of the night?

 

Many, like myself, think through the issue, playing it over and over and how I can resolve it. I find myself working through the issue right up til the alarm goes off and still never found a resolution or a path forward. What did I gain? Nothing, but a wrestles soul with lack of sleep. I’m not fit for the day. God never intended for us to worry ourselves like this!!

 

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

 

At 3 AM when you are wide awake with something on your mind, take it to God in prayer. Don’t ponder through it, thinking you can resolve the issue. Let God have it and leave Him in charge of leading you through the day to navigate through it. He already knows the outcome and has a plan to see you through the very thing that has you worried. Trust Him with His ability to handle it, thank Him for His love and concern for you (1 Peter 5:7) and fall back asleep so you’ll be rested and ready for His plan to unfold. Believe me when I say, He’s got this, He’s God! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment