Wednesday, July 27, 2022

 Happy is the man who is always reverent, but he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity. Proverbs 28:14

 

As people get older, they gradually become set in their ways. They develop a pattern of living that they are comfortable with and know it works, leaving other ideas and options about life off the table. By doing so, they miss out on the adventures that life has to offer. I too struggle with this as I age over time and become less interested in changing my ways. Can you relate?

 

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. John 15:16

 

As a child of God, it’s important to never lose your purpose for being here on earth. God has gifted you with a talent to serve Him, that is why He chose you as one of His children. That’s right, God chose you to be saved and do the work of the Lord in your daily life. If you become stagnant in your faith, you will lose out on God’s blessings and life can, and will, become more difficult. I don’t know about you, but I’m looking for a better life and not one with more problems!

 

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicket way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

 

Today, ask God to test your heart and see if there are areas in your life that have become hard to God’s will and purpose. As they become evident, begin to chip away at the hard shell, and find that soft, flexible spirit that lives inside you, ready to serve Him and transform your life into the image of Jesus Christ! God bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment