Tuesday, February 13, 2024

 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 1 Corinthians 5:10

 Like many homeowners, I have a Ring doorbell which records video of people and vehicles passing by my house. When I pull up the Ring app, I can review video of each recording. During the day, it might be full of recordings or intermittent recordings over the span of time. It’s a cool feature, and the best part is, it lets me know when the Amazon delivery guy has dropped off one of my packages. 😊

 As a child of God, your life is being recorded. On the day of your death, you will stand before God and those good and bad things done will be replayed. OUCH! Like the Ring doorbell, will your recordings be full of good things or will they be intermittent, with some bad stuff intermingled? If you are like me, it’s painful to look back over my past and think about the not so good things done, and quite frankly wish I could delete them. But, they are stored for my review and God’s judgment. Thankfully my sins are forgiven, but that doesn’t exclude me from being accountable for the things done, good and bad.

 That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

 Although you might not be able to erase the past, you have a future ahead of you that can be full of good things, pleasing to God. You can’t do it on your own, you need God’s help, and through His Holy Spirit, you can make choices in your future that will bring honor and glory to God. Start today by asking Him to help you make right choices, and live the life that pleases Him through Godly obedience. He will do just that, so you can hear Him say at your Heavenly greeting, “well done my good and faithful servant”.

No comments:

Post a Comment