Wednesday, March 13, 2024

 Have you ever felt like the world was against you? Maybe it’s some people in your workplace, your neighbors, family members, or you’ve committed an unforgettable act and feeling the anger of others toward you. At some point in your life, you will feel the enemy’s attack, making you feel overwhelmed, rejected, hated, lonely, and even guilty. This is one of Satan’s greatest arrows of pain he likes to inflict on God’s children, because it creates a feeling of isolation, hopelessness, and despair. God never intended for His children to experience such overwhelming feelings. Take a moment and read the following verses in Psalms 18, written by David, who was on the run from King Saul and his armies who sought to kill him.

 He sent from above. He took me; He drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity; But the Lord was my support. He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because HE delighted in me. Psalm 18: 16-19

 When David had no one he could trust or turn to for help, He sought after the Lord. And the Lord kept him safe and delivered him from King Saul and his army. My favorite part of this passage is: “He delivered me because He delighted in me”. The Lord delights Himself in those who chose to follow Him in faith. You are like a child to Him, under His care, and He does things behind the scenes to keep you protected. Yea, your enemy can cause all kinds of havoc in your life, but the internal spiritual connection you have with God can never be tainted or disrupted. That connection with God almighty should provide the hope you need to stand tall in the face of your enemies.

 Maybe you are faced with some difficulty at the hands of someone you know, maybe even in your own home. Take your concerns to God in prayer and ask Him to shield you from their attacks, restore your faith, and give you the confidence, knowing you are a child of the King of Kings. God takes delight in you and you are covered by His shielding hand of protection and love. God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment