Friday, March 8, 2024

 “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. John 16:7

 One of the most painful emotions is the ending of a relationship. Whether it’s between two friends or a romantic relationship, breaking up is hard and the emotions that follow can last for days, weeks, even a lifetime for some. Over the course of my lifetime, I’ve had to end several relationships because I knew they would not produce a good outcome down the road or God was telling me to dissolve the relationship for the benefit of my spiritual health. After time passed, I clearly saw those difficult decisions were in the best interest of myself and the person on the receiving end of the break up.

 Today’s verse thankfully wasn’t a breakup between Jesus and His disciples, but He had to leave them so the Holy Spirit could become a part of their lives and those who’ve made the decision to accept Jesus Christ into their life. The same power of God resides in the Holy Spirit, and the benefit of His presence in the life of the Disciples was just as great, if not better, than Jesus Christ actually being with them. I’m sure it was hard for the disciples to grasp this concept initially, but overtime they witnessed the power of God working in their life through the Holy Spirit.

 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. John 15:13

 God laid it upon my heart to share this blog about relationship break ups to state that even though they are painful, nothing happens without a purpose and plan for your life. People come and go in our lives, but there is One true friend, Jesus Christ, who will always be by your side. He laid down His life for you. As a child of God, you have His Holy Spirit living inside you to comfort you when lonely, make you feel loved when you feel abandoned, and provide you hope when your world seems to be crumbling around you. Lean on Jesus Christ for comfort during the difficult time of a break up and realize that He has your best interest at heart. Let them go, so God can fill the painful void with His love to you for all eternity. God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment