Saturday, March 30, 2024

 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10

 Religious holidays can become fuzzy to those who aren’t engaged in spiritual worship, especially at Easter. From an Easter bunny who lays chocolate eggs and puts them in a basket to “Good Friday” and “sunrise Sunday” and the cross, no wonder people are confused, and that is exactly Satan’s intention, to confuse people on the real meaning of Easter (and let’s not forget Christmas with the birth of Jesus Christ). For now, lets talk about Easter.

 You see, the one and only true God of this universe is holy and righteous. Everything He does is right. We as humans are bent towards sin (doing wrong). Because of our sin nature, God required man to make atonement for sin by sacrificing certain animals. Their shed blood was the atonement. Can you imagine the effort it took to perform this ritual? Here comes Jesus!

 God’s Son, Jesus Christ, came to earth in the form of a human (through the virgin birth of Mary). He lived 33 years, leading a group of disciples and instructing people on the way to live a righteous life and how God thinks. Through a series of orchestrated events by God, Jesus Christ was crucified on a Roman cross to make atonement for the sins of mankind (Good Friday). This replaced the requirement of animal sacrifice. Once dead, He was placed in a tomb and it was sealed shut. On day 3 (Easter Sunday), Jesus rose from the dead, He left the tomb empty, and now sits at the right hand of God. Why did God do this?

 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

 God loves you, He created you, and He wants you to join Him in Heaven when you die. Because of your sin nature, that’s not possible. Only by believing what Jesus Christ did (died for your sins and rose back to life) and asking Him to come into your heart, forgive your sins and save you, you will be eternally saved. Once saved, it’s important to study scripture to know how to live that life God has called you to live.

 I encourage you to attend a church service Sunday morning so you can enter God’s house and hear the message of Salvation (saving your soul), so you can have life, and have it more abundantly in Christ! Happy Easter!

 If you are ready to receive Jesus Christ into your life, you can pray something like this…

 Dear God, I know I am a sinner and deserve Hell. But I believe in what Jesus Christ did on my behalf. I ask for your forgiveness of my sins; I want Jesus to come into my heart and save me and live for you each day. Please go with me daily, instructing me how to live a more abundant and purposeful life so I can join you in Heaven when I die. Thank you for saving my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment