Thursday, February 16, 2017

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1

I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say they refuse to attend church because they don't like "formal religion". The weekly rituals and routines can be boring for some....others it can choke out the spirit living inside of them who longs for true worship. It's sad that many have this excuse to avoid church....but the reality is we see a reduction in church attendance and it's not getting better. 

I'll never forget the first time I attended a contemporary service at a church years ago. Within minutes of singing praise and worship songs, the tears began to flow....the Spirit living inside of me was lifted up and praise in its truest form was occuring for the first time. 

So where am I going with this blog? Let me just say...Praise isn't in the service, it isn't in the "freedoms" of some services provide...no, praise comes from your heart. It's letting go of those things and strong holds that hold you back from giving up your all to bring glory and honor to God through singing, prayer and praising God. Sometimes I just spend time thanking God for things and before too long there becomes a revival service in my spirit. God is so good and has blessed me, and you. 

Christ died to set you free. Let that Spirit inside of you find ways to praise and worship Him regardless of the church service you attend. It's all about the "relationship" and not the rituals. Praise God everyday and your life will have less weight from the world. Walk lightly and in step with His Spirit today. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment