Wednesday, July 3, 2019


And He said to him, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.” Matthew 22:37



In 1988 the company Nike created a slogan, “Just Do It” to help increase sales of their line of shoes. It worked, sales were up by 43%. The idea behind the theme was for the person to go for it, give it all you’ve got, Just Do It.



For the Christian, I believe today’s verse should be our slogan for life. When you love God with all your heart, soul and mind, you are saying that what God desires for you is best. Seeking out His will is important as it will sustain you through life, help you make right choices and prioritize things and people in your life to bring glory to God and rain down blessings on yourself.



The question to ask yourself, and I’m asking along with you….how much do I love God? Do I love Him enough that I put Him first in my life, or do I put Him in a convenient place where I can refer to His approval when I need it?



Psalm 37:4 says “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.” When we put God before everything, we make decisions based on His will and approval and shun those things that aren’t within His standards. By doing so we  experience a more balanced life, our faith will grow stronger and  have the confidence to make decisions more easily when we rely on His wisdom to guide us through the daily grind of life. Love God with everything you’ve got friend and you’ll never go wrong in life! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment