Friday, July 5, 2019


And He who keeps his command will experience nothing harmful; and a wise man’s heart discerns both time and judgement, because for every matter there is a time and judgement. Ecclesiastes 8:5-6(a)



A while back I was traveling home and my phone’s GPS was telling me to take a route I was not familiar with and appeared I was not going in the direction I needed to get on my next long stretch of interstate. Finally, after a series of turns off the main roadway and onto secondary streets, I stopped and advanced out the map so I could see where it was taking me. To my surprise, I was just a few blocks from getting on that next interstate. Had I kept going the way I thought was right, I would have encountered a lot of traffic, delays and possibly put myself in a dangerous situation.



One thing I’ve learned over the years as a Christian, trust the bible and the Holy Spirit who helps me navigate through life. God’s word plants seeds of wisdom for decision making and His Spirit works through “gut instincts”, telling you to be cautious, do not go down a certain path…etc. Trusting in those two key elements are critical if you are to navigate life unscathed from the world’s traffic jams and distractions from the main path God has laid out for you!



As you journey through the remainder of this year, what tool are you using to make right decisions? Trust in God’s word and listen for His Spirit to guide you. He’s been working since the creation of man and God knows the best route to get you to your destination with out any delays! Trust Him today, even when you don’t understand the instructions. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment