Tuesday, June 25, 2019


Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7–8.



Just a few days ago we encountered a strong storm with winds up to 60 mph. As you can guess, we had trees blown down all over the place. As I rode around yesterday, I looked at those trees and could see their root system. The tree roots of the fallen trees were small, all contained in one area and not deep at all. The rain loosened the soil and the wind blew them over with ease. Even some large trees were not rooted enough to withstand the wind and fell.



As Christians, you can expect to encountered many life storms. Storms brought about by Satan’s chaos, our own doing or storms permitted by God to test and strengthen our faith. Sometimes those storms can seem unbearable and will make you feel like you are about to be blown over. Staying rooted in God’s word, prayed up and continually fed through church attendance and worship is the ONLY way you will stay strong enough to weather the storms of life.



God promises to be with us through every storm we face in life. I can tell you personally He has kept me grounded when I felt like my strength had given out a long time ago. It’s because I put my faith and trust in Him to see me through another day. You can experience the same confidence by getting rooted deep into God’s foundation. You might not encounter fewer storms, but you will be strong enough to weather them and find blessings after they pass! Have a blessed day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment