Monday, March 28, 2022

 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body and thankful. Colossians 3:15

 

Finding peace in this world can be difficult. Just in the past few days I’ve read of multiple shootings in a popular vacation spot, destruction of a business and let’s not forget the horrific war going on in Europe. Trouble is everywhere and Jesus Himself even said we’d have trouble as Christians.

 

So how do you have the peace of God in your heart? For me, I have to mentally escape from this world and pray to God. The moment I start my prayer, I feel this calming effect come over me. I feel this way because I know the God of this universe holds everything in His hands and His Holy Spirit lives inside me as a child of God. No matter what, He reminds me of His presence in my life. As a child of God, He goes with you. He is bigger than any problem you encounter and can resolve it through prayer and belief in Him.

 

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16

 

Another thing you can do is turn off the world. Social media, TV, radio, even your neighbor, can stir your heart and emotions. Block out some time to spend in the bible and read it closely, soaking up its promises and message of hope. This world is NOT your home. Your brief life here is but a vapor in time compared to eternity. Look to Jesus for His love to sustain you in this loveless world. He is your only hope and firm foundation for life. Nothing and no one can bring you closer to God than your personal relationship through Jesus Christ.

 

Connect to God through prayer, bible study and quiet time away from the craziness of this world and I promise you, you will find more peace in your heart. God bless

 

No comments:

Post a Comment