Sunday, October 16, 2022

 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

 

I recently made my last payment on the purchase of a power tool for my woodworking hobby. It felt good to have that behind me, knowing I’m once again debt free. As a result, my credit score jumped up, putting me right where I want to be going into retirement!

 

There was another debt paid off thousands of years ago, and that was your sin debt. Today’s passage tells us that sin in one’s life has a penalty of death, eternal separation from God upon this physical death, cast into Hell for all eternity. Nothing you can do on your own can save you, only by accepting God’s free gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, who made payment for your sins. Jesus Christ died on a cross and rose again three days later, defeating death and making payment for the sins of mankind.

 

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

 

A simple prayer, asking God to forgive you of your sins, accept Jesus Christ into your heart, and live for Him daily, you will be saved. The biggest debt you’ll ever have is the one that last for eternity. Make the decision today to remove that debt by accepting Jesus Christ into your heart and know you are truly debt free! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment