Sunday, October 9, 2022

 Luke 9:23

[23]And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.


Currently I'm on day 3 of a four day motorcycle trip to the mountains. One of my faults is I overpack. When I left the house all the compartments on my bike were full, along with a bag I attached to the luggage rack. Looking at that bag, there is a pile of clothes I won't wear as my journey concludes tomorrow. This extra weight has made it more challenging to operate the bike. Lesson learned for my next trip. 


So, how does this relate to today's verse? As a Christian living in a secular world, it's easy to get caught up in the temporary things that we believe bring security and happiness. But the truth is these things weigh us down spiritually, making it difficult to traverse the spiritual journey God calls us to live by. 


Matthew 11:28

[28]"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.


Life is difficult on its own. Maybe it's time to lay down those things and people who weigh you down and find rest in the Lord. His way should never be a burden. If you are heavy hearted today, see what needs to be left behind so you can truly enjoy this life and impact the world with the love and compassion of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment