Sunday, October 23, 2022

 Psalms 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.


Last night we attended the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. One of the most prized singers appeared on stage intoxicated. His words were slurred as he tried to speak. I thought to myself, I wonder if he sought after alcohol to drown his fears on stage or some other trouble he was experiencing. 


It's truly sad that people find relief from the troubles of life with mind altering drugs or beverages. The truth is, those things are a temporary fix to an ongoing issue. Jesus said we will encounter trouble in this life. It's a key ingredient in the growth of a person's character. 


James 1:2-3

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.


Retreating from life's realities will only stunt your faith and personal growth. Find your comfort, your strength, your hope in the Lord. His way is everlasting and will never leave you high and dry. Trust Him with each day and watch your faith grow stronger. God bless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment