Monday, August 1, 2016

Do you know where your spirit will go upon death? According to the bible there are two places of eternal life...heaven or hell. Many people I have come across are unsure where they will go; oftentimes they believe if they live a good life, they will be rewarded with heaven. Let's look at what scripture says:

1. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 As humans we are born into sin, we are separated from God because of the sin that separates us from His pure holiness. ‎

2. For the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23. 
The punishment for our sin is death, not a physical death, but a spiritual death...eternally separated from God in Hell for all eternity. 

3. But God commendeth His love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
God has a plan to help man be forgiven of their sin, that is through a sacrifice. God gave us His son, Jesus Christ, as "payment" for our sins. He died on the cross as a sinless man for you and me. 

4. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13. To accept God's free gift of Jesus sacrifice, all you have to do is sincerely ask for God's forgiveness of your sins, believe in Jesus Christ and that He died for your sins, and ask him to come into your life and save your spirit. When you do, the Holy Spirit of God comes and resides inside of you for all eternity. You are now a Child of God and your eternal home will be in Heaven. 

So what about it? Have you accepted Christ into your life or are you trying your hardest to live "right"? You won't get to heaven by your own doing. The sooner you understand that and realize your helpless without God, the sooner you will desire to have Christ's sacrifice cover you in forgiveness and have a peace knowing you are truly saved.   

Pray a prayer to God something like this: "Dear God, I am a sinner and I know I deserve Hell. But I do believe in Jesus Christ and that He lived on earth and died on a cross for my sins. I ask Jesus to come into my life, forgive me of my sins  and save my soul. Thank you Jesus for saving me.". 

If you prayed that prayer, congratulations and welcome to the family of God. If you accepted Christ, please let me pray for you...you can email me through my blog page. Have a blessed day friend. ‎

No comments:

Post a Comment