Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1


If you have ever had to use a flashlight while walking out in the woods, you know it is your best friend! The light shows you the path ahead and can be focused towards sounds and things that frighten you. If you haven't spent much time in the woods, it can be a humbling experience for those easily frightened.


David, the writer of this Psalm, expressed the same confidence in his light....God! When his life was at stake and his enemies threatened his existence....he put his total faith and trust in the Lord to protect him and guide him through difficult times. I've found that when we rely on a light, we draw closer to it.....almost like our body wraps around the center of its source for vision, protection and confidence.


Maybe you are going through a difficult time (aren't we all these days) and the path ahead is appears to be uncertain, even frightening. When you don't know which way to go or what to do....put your faith and trust in God and He will shine the light ahead as you walk in confidence knowing His presence is with you. I've found in my life, the more I put my total trust in Him, His light shines through the darkest moments of life.


Who is the source of your light? Turn on the power of God's light by kneeling in prayer and asking God to lead and guide you down the road of uncertainty. He will bless you for your reliance upon Him as you journey forward in confidence knowing the Lord is with you always. Keep your light shining bright and your faith in the Lord strong!  Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment