Saturday, March 4, 2017

Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Today's scripture is pretty clear cut....stay away from anything that wouldn't be approved by God. Agreed! The next question you need to ask, "Is there anything in my life that is evil and not God honoring?". Right now your mind has generated something. You start to debate it...is it really evil? This is something I enjoy. I don't know if I can let go of this thing, pleasure or person. 

Tough questions and you can debate the issue all day in your mind. But the real question is...How much do you love God and your relationship with Him? The realization is, this world is not our true home. Yes we may take up space for a good many years, but as children of God we are "set apart". When we allow even one smidgen of darkness into our life we are tied to the world. It's kind of like a boat tied up to a dock. Until we remove all the ropes from every dock cleet, we won't be able to sail freely with the Lord. 

I don't know what's tied up in your life. I know there are a few things I need to cut loose....we all need to purge our life of the world's attachments. Until we completely untie every knot, we won't be capable of serving God with 100 percent of our capabilities. Pray and ask God to give you the strength to untie those ropes so you can sail with Him. Happy sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment