Sunday, November 7, 2021

 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

 

I don’t know about you, but I sometimes feel like a sail on a sail boat, whichever way the wind blows, my mind goes in that direction. For the child of God, our daily life is a battle, fighting off the temptations and evil thoughts the devil tries to put into our minds. Left unchecked, we can find ourselves in some dark places; mentally, physically, and spiritually. How can we keep our life from conforming to this world?

 

One method I recently discovered works for me. Every time I feel tempted, I immediately flood my mind with thoughts of: “my sin is one more lash on the back of Jesus.” “Jesus has done so much for me, how I can let Him down?” “Jesus protect me from this moment of spiritual attack!”

 

By shielding my mind with Jesus, I deflect that temptations Satan throws at me…and honestly it works. If Satan can get your mind thinking about something tempting, he’s got you hooked. And you know as well as I do, there is plenty of dark and evil thoughts out there that can sink your ship.  

 

Staying in a constant state of prayer also helps keep your mind from being conformed to this world, along with a daily bible study and reading God’s word. Keeping your mind conformed around Jesus Christ is the only way you can keep sailing in the right direction! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment