Tuesday, November 30, 2021

 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29 

 

My wife and I had the opportunity to share Thanksgiving Day with my son and his wife. Our plate was full of delicious food and wonderful conversations. Not too long after dinner, our conversation moved into the other room with a fireplace and comfy sofa. I found myself dozing off half way through the afternoon, for my body was tired from digesting all that food. After a few nods of sleep, I awoke refreshed and provided coffee to awaken my inner self again. Really, isn’t that what Thanksgiving is all about...food, fellowship and a little rest?  

 

One thing I’ve found in life, our plates are often full with the commitments and obligations to our job, family, church and personal life. Trying to find extra minutes in the day to accomplish more can be a challenge. After trying to fulfil all those obligations, the body can become weary and need rest.  

 

As God’s children, He promises to stand by us 24/7. In Jesus own words: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” I personally know that when I am weighted down with the things of life, all I have to do is turn to God for help and He steps in to help carry my burdens. I still have the responsibility over those obligations, but His help through encouragement, inner strength and spiritual rest, is just enough to keep me going. 

 

How full is your plate? Bring your heavy plate to God and trust Him to help you carry that load so you can live out your faith, strong and with joy. God bless 

1 comment: