Friday, December 16, 2016

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

If you have ever relied on a GPS unit to get you somewhere, you might have questioned it's directions. There have been times when I questioned that voice directing me down a certain road. I'll never forget, onetime I was en route to Perry, Georgia and my Tomtom directed me to turn on this dirt road. Hesitant for the moment, I decided to take the turn....just a brief drive and I was on my next major highway....it bypassed 4 extra miles I would have taken thru a populated town. 

As Christians, it's very important to stay close to God and listen to His voice of direction. Sometimes He calls us to turn away from certain places, people, jobs or situations that seem perfect for us. It's in those moments that we must completely trust and obey His voice. He loves us and wants the very best for our lives. AND....as Christians, He has a plan for our life and uses us in certain ways to bring glory to Him. Our reward is blessings received at a specific time. Blessings might not come immediatly after we followed His will...as I said...they come at the right moment and are meant to encourage you and reward you for your trust in Him. 

Let me share one additional thought. Sometimes the path He leads us down is not pleasant. As I said above....He uses us for His purpose, His plan. The painful things we experience will most likely be used in time to help someone else going through the same experience. God NEVER allows anything in your life that He doesn't have a plan for to grow you in your relationship with Him. 

TRUST. Trust God completely. When He says "No", stay away, "Go" means go forward in complete faith in Him, "Turn" means we should always be attentive to His voice and respond at the right moment, finally "Turn around when possible" do a U-turn quick. God took you down a dead end road for one purpose...mission accomplished, now head back to the next intersection and wait on His directions. Trust and obey...it's the only way. Listen for His voice and follow in complete obedience. Blessings are up ahead. God bless! ‎

No comments:

Post a Comment