Saturday, December 18, 2021

 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

 

Sin and addictions are powerful. They can control many areas of your life. I’ve known people whose lives have been ruined because of sin or their addictions. The battle within to live free from those things can be a constant struggle, every minute of the day. And the truth is, sin has a penalty, eternal death (Romans 6:23) That’s the bad news!

 

…but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

 

The good news for Christians is you are saved by grace. Your sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ’s, when He sacrificed His life for yours on the cross. Sin and addictions have no control over you!

 

You might ask why do I still struggle with these things. Its important to understand you have the freedom and power to overcome these sinful behaviors and addictions. This came when you accepted Christ into your life. “ knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin” Romans 6:6

 

You have the power, through the Holy Spirit, to overcome these things. This power comes by seeking God’s help to remove that which weighs you down. Have you tapped into the power of the Holy Spirit?

 

Lets pray: “ Dear God, I am in bondage to these sins and addictions ________. I know that You are greater than anything I battle and I’m asking right now that you help me over come these temptations and be victorious so I can live the free life you have provided me, in Jesus Christ I pray it, Amen!

 

Every day is a battle to live the righteous life. But with God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). Feel free to message me if I can pray for you! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment