Monday, January 17, 2022

 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

 

During a recent visit with Lori’s mom, we found her in the company of other residents at the nursing home. During our conversation with four ladies, one lady would ask where her room was as she seemed lost in her environment. As most people age, dementia sets in and the brain doesn’t work as it should, oftentimes making it impossible to remember things and where they are in life. It’s sad, but a reality we all might face one day.

 

I believe as Christians, we too can succumb to spiritual dementia. The struggles to maintain a God honoring life in culture of social media information can leave even the most devout child of God in a state of wonder. As I look around, I see acquaintances have beliefs that are far from God’s word and I wonder how they go to this place mis-information.  And the sad truth is, people will flock to those who are leading the charge of changing what’s wrong to make it right.

 

…there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Sprit. Jude 1:18-19

 

Friend, I encourage you to open the door to your heart to allow God to search your thoughts and life for ways contrary to God’s word, the bible. Ask God’s Holy Spirit to reveal the truth and study His word daily. His word is truth and anything contrary to it, is false. You know who you are in Christ, don’t forget God’s word as you navigate through this world on your way to Heaven! God Bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment