Wednesday, January 26, 2022

 The scribes and Pharisees asked, “How is it that He eat and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need o a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance. Mark 2:16b-17

 

For the past three months I have been suffering from a horrible headache and tender sinuses. I have sinus issues, but keep them in check with daily meds. I’ve never had this type of problem and pain. So, yesterday I called the doctor’s office, asking to be seen. I was told by the receptionist that the doctors aren’t seeing sick patients, only healthy ones. She said I could opt for a telehealth appointment; I quickly told her I needed to see a doctor. Thankfully I was able to get in to see him and treatment has begun. Please pray for me.

 

I was quite set back when I heard the receptionist say the doctors weren’t seeing sick people. But, itsn’t it true of us? We’d rather steer clear of people who are spiritually sick and without Jesus in their life. As a child of God, you have a mission to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. Without connecting to the sinners of this world, they will go without the opportunity to receive Christ, and doomed for Hell.

 

And Jesus said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” Mark 16:15-16

 

Your mission field starts right outside the front door of your house. There are many people within your reach who are in the dark and need to see the light of Jesus, shining forth from you. Do your part to help the sick and find blessing in their healing. God bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment