Thursday, January 6, 2022

 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

 

Not too long ago I traded in my old car for a new one. Funny thing is I purchased the same make and model and color as my old one, just a few years newer. Ever since then I’ve done my best to keep it clean, inside and out, as I know I’ll have it for a long time.

 

As a child of God, you should do everything you can to keep your life spotless. It means not going to certain places, refrain from reading or watching things that are toxic to the soul and choosing words carefully as you communicate with others. Those old sinful potholes should be avoided at all cost, so you don’t tarnish your witness. Although you might believe no one is watching, God is, and He weighs the intentions of the heart (Jeremiah 17:10).

 

Friend, are you treating your spiritual journey like something new? Protect it and keep it pure. This wicked world, in which we live, can easily muddy up your witness, thus removing the ability for those, outside the faith, to see the true character of Christ, living out in your daily life. Praying and reading scripture helps keep your mind and heart fine tuned for each day’s journey. Take every step possible to preserve your faith. Find a purity in the newness of today! God bless!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment