Monday, May 16, 2022

 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support. Psalm 18:18

 

Last Friday (the 13th of all things) was a pretty rough day at work. Every minute seemed to have a challenge that chipped away at any positiveness I held. By the end of the day, I was exhausted mentally and emotionally. At some point I prayed to God for strength and He sustained me through the difficulties. After a restful weekend, I’m ready for what’s ahead this week. Hopefully a little more peace and ease through the work week.

 

Let me share today’s verse as a reminder that even on the bad days, God is right there with you, experiencing everything you do. He knows what’s ahead in the day, so it is best to lean on Him for wisdom, emotional support and protection from those who seek to disrupt and attempt to take away your joy.

 

The saying “The joy of the Lord is my strength” is truth.  When faced with a difficult day, turn your focus away from those annoyances and look to the Lord for help and strength. Ask Him to renew your joy and thank Him for being there with you. He’s got this and He’s got YOU, each and every day! That alone should be enough to sustain you, even on the most challenging days!

 

Trouble will come, but God is already there, ready, capable, and willing to help you. Trust Him with every detail of your day and you’ll find blessings in the days of calamity. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment