Thursday, July 27, 2017

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

There is nothing more refreshing than coming home to a quiet home and resting after a busy and stressful day at work. Something I always look forward to is sitting down in my recliner and just taking that load off my feet....and if my body needs a little rest, I find a nap in my moment of solitude.

Our daily walk through life has many challenges, struggles and disappointments. But, for the child of God, we can rest our worries and cares upon Him. He loves us and gives us those moments of spiritual refreshment to help sustain us for the next day. All He asks of us is we do our part in serving Him. He calls us daily to work out our faith with fear and trembling....working side by side with the Lord through our behavior, thoughts and witness. Everything we do, should be for the Lord's glory, not for others.  When we serve Him in this manner, our end product brings glory and honor to Him and sweet blessings to us.

If you are reading this blog, you haven't made it home yet. There is still much work left to do for God's kingdom. Work through the battles of everyday life knowing you have a Savior who works with you, side by side, and provides moments of refreshment along the way. Fight the good fight and keep the faith. You'll be home soon enough to rest in His Spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment