Saturday, January 12, 2019


The Lord is good to those who wait on Him, to the soul who seeks Him.

Lamentations 3:25



Yesterday I came upon a traffic intersection and all four traffic lights were red at the same time, and stayed that way for what seemed an eternity. As all the drivers patiently waited, a few started to nudge forward thinking there was something wrong with the lights, including myself. I was just about to take my chance and proceed with my turn when all of the sudden it turned green. I was free to go. Had I actually moved, I might have found myself on a collision course with another driver.



A good lesson for me in the fact that I’ve been at that intersection a thousand times and I know it works properly. But because I waited a little longer than normal, I thought it was not working and my impatience was getting the best of me.



How true it is when we find ourselves waiting on the Lord to give us directions as we navigate through life. There are times when He doesn’t speak and expects His child to remain patient until He gives the green light to move forward. Those days, months, even years can seem like a lifetime, but trust me, God is always working, 24/7, for the benefit of His faithful children. As you mature in faith, you will learn the value of patience and develop a confidence that God is working on your behalf and waiting is part of His plan to provide you the best route thru life.



Are you at a time of waiting upon the Lord for direction? Be patient as you wait to hear His voice and continue to live right at the moment. Going forward without God’s green light will surely put you at risk for disaster! God has the best plan for your life. Be patient and wait upon Him as you navigate life! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment